If you have never heard of BeautyCounter yet then you need to get familiar with them ASAP. My BC consultant is Tana (she also happens to be one of my dearest friends) and she is offering all my readers the chance to WIN a holiday gift set! All you have to do is ORDER a holiday gift set and that enters you to win one. If you post BeautyCounter on your social media and hashtag #letitglow you’ll be entered twice. Don’t miss out on this offer and to get your product before Christmas the shipping cutoff is December 16 so make sure you get your orders in now!
Check out Tana’s interview below and find out a little more about this Beautycounter consultant and her passion for these products and the company!
- My favorite beauty tip; stay hydrated, wear sunscreen and smile
- My definition of beauty is best defined by the Ronald Dahl quote:
“If you have good thoughts they will shine out of your face like sunbeams and you will always look lovely.”
3. Who has inspired me along my beauty journey: My mom taught me the importance of taking the time to take care of myself physically and investing in beauty, be it my personal beauty routine or my environment.
Also my nanny, she was a fashion model in California in the 1940’s. She was a striking beauty up to her death two years ago. People would comment on how beautiful she was and she was in her 70’s, but her looks never defined her. She always carried it lightly.
4. What would I tell my younger self about what it is to be beautiful? Ohhhh so many things!!
Embrace yourself as God made you!
Love your curly hair (because one day, after two babies, it won’t be these beautiful curls anymore) love your freckles (because one day they’ll be desirable by those who don’t have them to the point they will create fake freckles) love that athletic booty cause that too will be considered desirable! Keep that space between your teeth, make it your signature!
5. How can women keep their beauty routines easy? I think it goes back to embracing how God made you and where you are in the aging process. Don’t get me wrong, I chase that youthful glow but I’ve learned less is more with my beauty routine. Keep your routine simple with a few go to products for a quick three minute face. Beautycounter has a great how-to video by make- up artist Christy Coleman on our website and Youtube.
6. What are three Beautycounter must haves; For me my three must haves for daytime are the cleansing balm, Dew Skin tinted moisturizer with SPF 20 and my Fig lip gloss. For nighttime its cleansing balm, hydrating face oil and nourishing eye cream.
7. Why is Beautycounter so important in it’s category?
Beautycounter is considered a “market disruptor” because they have set a new standard in the beauty products industry with our “Never List”- a list of 1500 chemicals we will never use in any of our products. We have set a new safety standard for cosmetics while providing a lux line of merchandise that actually performs.
We are the first company to work with congress to change government regulations regarding the ingredient safety and advertising transparency of beauty products on the market. The core of Beautycounter is its mission- to change and move the beauty industry to a safe place for everyone. The US has not passed a major federal law regulating the cosmetics industry since 1938. In Europe, they have banned over 1300 chemicals and continue to do so. The United States has only banned 11 to date. People tend to think if it’s on the shelf its safe, but that’s not always the case.
8. If you could have only have one item of beauty product what would it be?
My most fave product is our cleansing balm. It has been a game changer for my skin and it is SO versatile. I use it as a face cleanser, overnight mask, moisturizer in the winter, highlighter, hand and cuticle moisturizer…I just used it on my baby’s legs and lips today!
9. Can you explain what it means to be a representative for Beautycounter? Beautycounter is a direct retails sales company. Going to work for Beautycounter for me was an amazing opportunity to re-enter the work force with a company who’s mission I’m passionate about, getting safe beauty products into the hands of everyone. I get to be a megaphone for change AND earn an income!
10. Best gift from Beautycounter: Beautycounter outdid themselves this year with our holiday gift sets. My favorite is our Naughty to Nice holiday gift set. The charcoal bar and charcoal mask because both products are great for tweens and teens battling acne and breakouts, your husband, friends who like smooth skin and tight pores…and I think it’s so cute as the “coal” in stockings.