I hear many of you on the East Coast are snowed in today. Don’t let it go to waste. Here are 20 quick ways to turn your snow day into a spa day.
1. Do a deep conditioning treatment on your hair. Don’t have one? Make your own.
- Two Overripe Bananas
- I tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 table spoon olive oil
- A table spoon of honey
Blend well and slather on the hair. Leave on for at least five minutes. This recipe gets bonus points because the smell is warm and tropical.
2. Put on your favorite face mask. If you need to whip one of these up all you need is an avocado and honey and for a great moisturizing, anti-aging mask.
3. Take a nice warm bubble bath.
4. Shape your eyebrows.
5. Do a steam facial. (Great time to pull out those essential oils.)
6. Pull out that fancy (expensive) multi-step cleansing-toning-moisturizing system you otherwise never have time for and complete all the steps.
7. Whiten your teeth.
8. Give yourself a fancy manicure.
9. Give yourself a fancy pedicure.
10. Exfoliate your lips with our DIY peppermint scrub.
- 1 Teaspoon Coconut Oil
- 1 Teaspoon Honey
- 1½ Teaspoon sugar
- 3 drops of Peppermint Essential Oil
Mix well and rub on the lips to remove dry skin and moisturize.
11. Do some yoga.
12. Make yourself a homeopathic sock wrap.
- 4 cups rice
- 5–7 drops essential oil
- Knee-high sock
Fill the sock about 3/4 of the way full with rice. Add the essential oils directly on the rice. (I like lavender, thieves or peppermint, depending on what you are using the sock for. Tie up the end of the sock. Keep in the freezer for a cold pack or heat in the microwave for about 1 minute for a hot pack.
13. Shave your legs.
14. Drink some hot tea or cucumber water to hydrate.
15. Use that body scrub you got for Christmas and haven’t opened yet. Or make one.
16. Read a book.
17. Color your hair.
18. Put those leftover cucumbers or tea bags on your eyes.
19. Stay in your robe all day.
20. Take a nap.
What’s your favorite way to spend a snow day?