The following post has been sponsored by Pampadour.com. All opinions are my own.
Pampadour is a new social site focused around beauty. The site was started by Jennifer Hakimian. Jennifer isn’t a professional stylist or a makeup artist, but she is a self-proclaimed beauty junkie – a beauty junkie that was receiving a lot of cries for help from her family and friends about cosmetics. Not happy with what was currently available as a means for sharing beauty advice, she started Pampadour. A site that will allow you to discover new products, share your favorite finds with others and discuss beauty trends with other members and even brands.
The site has its own terminology.
- Pamp It – Share an item to your profile or with a friend
- Clip It – Use the browser extension to add a beauty product to Pampadour
- Tag It – Tag photos and videos with included products and brands
- Adour It – Just like other social sites this shows you like, or Love, a look or product
What Can I Do On Pampadour?
When creating your new account you will be able to sign up with your email, Twitter or Facebook. In your profile you can upload a picture of yourself, write a bio and add links to your blog and social media profiles.
Once a member you can do several things within the site:
- Create Collections. My I profile was set up with a Wish List and a Personal Shopping Collection. This is going to be great for holiday shopping. Maybe you would want to create Collections around holiday looks, eye or lip colors, tutorials… you get the picture!
- “Pamp” items to your profile to save for later or “Pamp” them to the Feed to share with other Pampadour members.
- Send items to your friends or share on your social media profiles
- Click through any item to purchase
- If an item isn’t on the website, use the Clipper to “clip” it and add it to Pampadour.
- Save tutorials and discussions to the Feed or your profile
I wasn’t able to Pamp items from every website I visited. For example, I couldn’t add anything from Birchbox. That’s a bummer because I shop there a lot and always keep a running list of things to purchase when the next big promotion comes up. Hopefully that will change in the future.
The Feed, or homepage, is a little Insta-Pinterest. That’s cool, but we already have those. For me to use a site regularly, I need a little something different. While I wouldn’t upload my personal picture and ask for feedback, I would Clip individual products and gift sets and ask for feedback prior to purchasing. I recently asked for feedback on the new Benefit They’re Real! products and several members jumped right in to share their experiences. Love that! And add in the brand factor? Too cool!
As stated previously, I love this site as a personal shopping list. Almost daily I see beauty products I would love to try and I’m not quite sure where to save them. I can do that here.
Pampadour is currently hosting a Lorac Pro Palette giveaway. To enter you simply need to become a member and Pamp your favorite fall products to the feed with the hashtag #FallBeauty. This contest runs through September 30.
What do you think of Pampadour? Is it a site you would use regularly?