September is Birchbox’s anniversary month. This is typically the time when you want to ensure you are a subscriber. Companies tend to bring their “A-game” and remind you what you continue to support them. Birchbox? Not so much…
My September Birchbox included:
- Beauty Protector Protect & Shampoo
- Beauty Protector Protect & Condition
- Dr. Jart+ Premium BB Cream
- Dr. Lipp Original Nipple Balm for Lips
- Ruffian Nail Lacquer in Fox Hunt
There are a few things that led to my overall dissatisfaction this month:
- This box can’t compare to the awesomeness that has been Birchbox the past few months.
- No surprises this month. All of the products were announced prior to shipping.
- No lifestyle bonus this month.
- Wow. These samples are tiny! The BB Cream tube is about the size of my thumb.
I respect this is a $10 box. I think from a marketing standpoint it may have been in Birchbox’s best interest to scale things back the past few months, if needed, to ensure the anniversary box was above and beyond expectations. This box was a bummer.
Are you a Birchbox subscriber? How did you feel about the anniversary box?Enter text here to go at the beginning and/or end of your posts...