The January 2013 GLOSSYBOX was titled “The Man Repeller.” It was named after Leandra Medine, owner of a fashion blog by the same name. The product selection was touted as being “low maintenance, fashion-forward and uber-cool.” Let’s take a look:
My Man Repeller box’s contents included:
- Estee Lauder Sumptuous Extreme Lash Multiplying Volume Mascara (Black): $25
- Fresh Umbrian Clay Mattifying Serum: $35
- Le Metier de Beaute Replenshing Solution: $225
- Living Proof Prime Style Extender: $20
- Narciso Rodriguez for her Eau de Toilette Spray: $77
- OPI “Can’t Let Go” Liquid Sand Nail Lacquer: $9
- Vincent Longo Lipstain SPF 15 Lipstick (Americana): $23
- GLOSSYBOX Mag with beauty tips, interviews and more
*Prices are for full-size product
Lipstain has always been a little intimidating to me, but I actually like it. (You can see the color on my knuckle in the nail polish photo.)
The OPI polish is right up my alley. It’s a little rough, glittery and bold. Its texture should hold up well to the daily beating my hands go through.
I’m excited for the hair primer. It is supposed to help keep your style longer between shampoos, and it smells great.
The Fresh mattifying serum is definitely something I could use.
Mascara – can a girl ever have enough high-end mascara? I think not.
I am a little scared to try the Replenishing Daily Solution. At $200 an ounce, I can’t afford to like it. 😉
The Narciso Rodriguez perfume smells wonderful. I love it! I don’t know how to describe it, rather than it has a really deep, multi-layer scent.
There was nothing in the box that I didn’t like. I am highly impressed with GLOSSYBOX at this point, and this is just the kind of selection I am looking for in a beauty sample box – high-end products that I would not otherwise purchase without sampling first. This is an affordable box that over-delivers on value in my opinion.
GLOSSYBOX Price: $21 per month, free shipping
Disclosure: I was provided with a box for review purposes. All opinions expressed are my own. This post contains affiliate links.